For the complete list, click HERE to be led to the page?
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Chicken/Pork Marsala
- Homemade pasta
- Cook a whole fish
- Pork and Cider Stew
- Beef Stroganoff
- Pork Loin with Wine and Herb Gravy (a recipe I found on pintrest)
- Creamy Poltenta with Wild Mushrooms
- Chipotle Cornbread
- Chicken Pad Thai
- Cornbread Cake: My nana made this, and it was wonderful!
- Lime, Cilantro Rice
- Mater Paneer
- Tonkotsu Ramen
- Filipino Chicken Adobo
- Coq au Vin
- Basil Chicken: This has already been made, see HERE!
- Gumbo- I made this recently, but there are still a few kinks, so I’m going to perfect it, and make it again soon. When I do, I’ll post it!
- Pasta Arrabiata- I didn’t post this recipie, but i did make it, and it was yummy!
- Red Beans and Rice- Already done!
Hello Readers! I am not really into New Years resolutions, but at the same time I always think its best to document your intentions to hold yourself more accountable. I love food, therefore most of my goals relate to food, and ways to make myself a more educated cook. So read below, and follow along my food journey.
1. Read more about amazing cooks that came before me. I recently read about Edna Lewis, one of the chefs (and she’s black!) responsible for making southern cooking mainstream for the average american, and was disappointed in myself for not already knowing about her. As my current profession is not culinary in nature, I think its important to learn about chefs who significantly impacted the world of food.
2. I have tons of notes and post-its around my house of recipe ideas, and new cooking strategies…so one of my goals in the new year, is to move this mess of notes around my house, and organize them on the blog. I believe that there is a higher chance I will actually move forward on my plans if I remember what my plans are, and can find them when I need them, haha.
3. Cooking, food and entertaining are my passion, but unfortunately it’s sometimes gets lost in the business of day-today. Therefore another one of my goals is to think seriously about how to give my passion more screen time in my life.