As some of you know, I live near a plethora of Korean grocery stores and restaurants. I have recently fallen in love with sliced pork belly (which is super popular in Korean food)…its sooooo yummy! So recently there was a sale on pork belly at my favorite Korean grocery, and my husband bought a bunch, so I have been learning new recipes to cook all this yummy meat. Now I recognize that unfortunately pork belly is not available everywhere, so if that is the case for you…I’m very sorry, you’re really missing out.
My favorite is to season the meat really well, and slow cook it in the oven until its melt in your mouth tender. The very easy recipe is as follows. I normally freeze most of the meat I buy shortly after purchase, so its easy to start off this recipe with frozen meat.
- Four slices of pork belly, each sliced approximately 1/2 inch thin, and 12 inches long
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp smoky flavor
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat even to 300 degrees
- Remove the meat from the freezer, and place directly on a large piece of foil.
- Season the meat with 1/2 of the above seasoning, and 1/2 of the olive oil
- Flip the meat in the foil, and season with the remaining half of the spices
- Tent the foil around the meat, and place the meat and place in a clear baking dish, and place in the oven
- Cook for 3 hours, 30 minutes