My nana recently told me that salmon and kale were super foods (well I’m sure she said salmon, and only pretty sure about kale…). Either way, now that I have discovered a way to cook salmon so that I’ll like it, I try to make it every two weeks or so. Now, Ive already written my recipe for the salmon (see here), and I’ve included the recipe for the kale below.
Easy Steamed Kale
- 4 c chopped kale; when you chop the kale, be sure to remove the firm thick stems, the stems are too firm
- 1/2c water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 chicken bullion cube
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the butter, oil and garlic to a large stock pot. Cook the garlic for approximately 7 minutes, or until browned.
- Add the water and chicken stock, and stir until the stock cube is dissolved.
- Add the chopped kale to the pot, stir until the liquid completely covers the kale. Cover the pot for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid from the pot, and cook until the kale is soft, and the water is dissolved. If the water dissolves, and the kale is still not soft, add more water to the pot, and continue to steam the kale.