Hello, hello! I have so crazy busy recently that I have not had a chance to upload all the food I have been making. My husband has been taking pictures, and I have been writing down the recipes, all with the hope of uploading them and posting them to the site…but alas, they are instead in a pile in the kitchen. So, today is the first back-post, of yummy foods that I made last week, that I want to share with all of you. These dishes are my favorite kind of weeknight meals, because you can prepare, season and put them in the oven and by the time you come back, you have a wonderful yummy meal.
This chicken was so yummy, and juicy that I was just as excited to eat it for lunch the next day, as I was when we had it for dinner!
Enjoy, and as always, let me know if you have any questions or comments!
Roast Chicken and Roast Cauliflower
1 head of cauliflower
3 chicken pieces (leg and thigh attached)
3 tbsp butter
Starting with the Chicken…
1. Set oven temperature to 400 degrees. Rinse chicken and dry using paper towels. Sprinkle 4tbsp olive oil in bottom of baking dish, and place chicken in skin side down. Season underside of chicken with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
2. Cut butter into 1/2 tbsp cubes. Heavily sprinkle the butter cubes with italian seasoning on both sides.
3. Turn chicken over, and using a small pairing knife, gently separate the chicken skin from the chicken meat (make sure to not fully remove skin, you are just creating a cavity between the chicken and the skin). Place 2 butter cubes into each chicken cavity. There should be one on top of the thigh portion of the chicken, and another on the leg portion.
4. Season skin side of chicken generously with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
5. Place in oven for 1 hour. After an hour, turn oven down to 350 degrees.
Now on to the cauliflower…
1. Clean and cut the cauliflower into small florets; each piece should be between 1-2 inches. Toss with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Place in metal baking dish, and place in oven at 350 for 30 minutes. (Wait until the chicken has been in the oven for an hour and a half, and then put in the cauliflower. This way they will both come out at the same time.)
Now dinner is ready, ENJOY!